October 29, 2012

WATER


I read somewhere that you’re my element.
I believed it- though there have been many instances when I felt fear in your presence.
Ironic and truly perplexing!

I have lots of memory of you. I realized now that most of my happy moments were with you. My sister, my brother and I would almost always take our vacation with you- at the sea.
And these are really precious times of relaxation and peace and quiet: irreplaceable time of being with the most important people in my life.

I really treasure them.

Even though I have had scary moments with you also-
like when I nearly drowned when I was carried by the strong current in the river in Batangas; when I felt terribly dizzy on the boat when we were crossing the sea to get to Boracay Island; and when we went snorkling at 50 feet deep for the first time.

Little by little I learned to cope with the reality of Your power. I dare not resist.

I just accept (you) and in my own little way, through the means available to me, I try to learn to live by you and sail by.

I tried snorkling again and had tremendous time! I asked a friend to teach me how to swim so now, at manageable depth, I could float and wade through.

I enjoyed your company! I saw your immense beauty! Indeed, who could contain the marvel of your presence?!

You gave me peace.

More importantly, I realized that I cannot live without you.
Oh, the wonder that you are!

Thank you for the gift that you are!
Thank you!

No comments: